Generation Beauty by Ipsy Toronto 2016 - Swag Bag & Freebies
After much anticipation, last weekend I got to attend Generation Beauty by Ipsy!
When we got the event, everything seemed to be planned out. There were even ladies standing with signs, guiding you to the event. Everyone got a lanyard with a ticket page in the back. The page had perferated brand tickets all along the edges, easily removable to hand to each vendor. I honestly loved this system, it was perfectly executed so each attendee got a goodie at each booth.
Each line had a zig zag (similar to themepark lines) formation that made waiting in line much more organized and efficent. The space was the perfect size, the vendors were fantastic and friendly. Each booth (other than Caudalie) gave out free goodies. The big lines like Make Up For Ever, Smashbox, NYX & Too Faced were kind of a hassle (sometimes 45 min - 1.5hr+ wait times) but the others were 15 mins or less. All worth the wait in my opinion.
Let's get down to the goodies. Walking around, going from line to line was actually quite fun.
On Saturday, the ladies and I decided to tackle the smaller lines first. We went to Benefit first, than onto Rock Your Hair and so on. The only booths we didn't tackle on Saturday were NYX, Too Faced & Tarte. We were on a mission and I think our plan worked out really well.
On Sunday we arrived as soon as it opened and jumped into the Too Faced line as soon as possible. Than Tarte (which was broken into 3 lines) and than NYX. All in all, pretty long waits for some of them but the loot made it worth while.
Too Faced, NYX, Smashbox, Benefit, and Make Up For Ever had on site makeup artists, colour matching, explaining products and doing demos. It made the lines longer but it made it feel much more personal. Everything from Too Faced and Make Up For Ever was tailored to you or what you chose.
Our Goodies (in no particular order):
- Ipsy Makeup Bag - Chrisspy (Silkscreened on site with 4 Vlogger options to choose from)
- NYX Pro Lip Cream Palette in The Pinks
- Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara
- Physician's Formula Super BB #InstaReady Contour Blush Trio
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Pore Minimizing & Smashbox X-Rated Mascara
- NudeSTIX Lip + Cheek Balm in Rebel
- Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer in Light
- Absolute New York Velvet Lippie in Razzle
- PUR Minerals Double Ego Dual-Ended Eyeliner in Milan
- Benefit Dew The Hoola Sample
- Skinfx Lip Repair Balm
- Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in Adorable Matt!
- Moda by Royal and Langnickel Eye Shadow Brush
- OGX Quenching + Coconut Curls Shampoo & Conditioner Sample
- Pixi Skin Treats Glow Mud Mask & Glow Mud Cleanser
- Delectable by Cake Beauty Everything Balm
- Rock Your Hair Spray It Clean Dry Shampoo
- Pur-Lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum
- Luxie Beauty Tapered Highlighter Brush
- Make Up For Ever Charlie XCX Makeup Bag, Ultra HD Foundation in R230 Sample, Sens'Eyes Sensitive Eye Cleanser, Aqua XL Eye Pencils in 10 & 92, Artist Duo Palette, Eyeshadow Refills in 636 Cappuccino & 320 Golden Khaki
I'm honestly still blown away by all these goodies. Than we got 2 Swag Bags!
Grey for Saturday, Pink for Sunday! To save time, heres all of it together!
Swag Bag Contents (in no particular order):
- Luxie Beauty Concealer Brush x2
- Too Faced Glitter Glue Shadow Primer
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil Sample
- GlamGlow FlashMud Brightening Treatment
- NYX Butter Gloss in Cupcake
- Delectable by Cake Beauty Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream in Lemon & Cream
- Absolute New York Duo Stroke Dual Ended Liquid Liner in Black
- Crown Brush Brow Duo Brush
- Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
- Skinfx Ultra Rich Hand Cream
- Moda By Royal Langnickel EzGlam Duo Lucious Lips Brushes
- Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil in Black Fever
- Tarte Powder Player Brush
- Benefit Porefessional Primer Sample
- PUR Minerals Volume Vixen 4-in-1 Mascara
- Pixi Flawless Vitamin Veil Foundation in Tanned
We got a lot of stuff. If you were an IpsyOS creater you got a TON more as well.
Overall, I was throughly impressed with everything Generation Beauty. My friend that joined me, Joy, calculated every full-ish size item (approximately) that we got and it was over $475**... holy crap! Definitely worth the $100 price tag I'd say!
Did you go to Generation Beauty in Toronto or else where?
If there is anything I recieved that you'd like me to review, let me know below!
My friend Samantha (Gemstone Beauty) tallied up all the goodies we got, sample sizes included, and it was $638.85... My brain has just exploded...#blessed.