Easy Chicken Parmesan
I live at home and my parents do pretty much all the cooking so when I go on trips or to hotels with a stove, I get very excited to cook. Chicken is my go to meal to make. It is my favourite no matter whose making it!
This may not be the healthiest meal but it's the only section I could put it on my blog. If I make recipes a regular thing, I will add a section! I came up with this recipe using little tidbits I've learned from my parents over the years and can't wait to share!
Preperation time:10 min | Cook Time: 40 mins | 2 Servings
I cut one breast into two because it was HUGE! I prefer cookie sheets when baking breaded chicken because the breading gets crunchier but I did not have one this time.
Heat oven to 400.
- Crack egg into a small bowl and stir. In a separate bowl or plate, mix bread crumbs, garlic powder and 5 tablespoons of parmesan cheese (feel free to add more). Wash and dry the chicken breasts. Grease (or place parchment paper) on the cookie sheet or baking dish.
- Take a breast, coat it in the egg mixture and than into the bread crumb mixture. Cover breast entirely with the crumbs. Place in the greased bakeware. Place in the oven once preheated.
- At the 20 minute mark, flip over the breasts. Boil your water for pasta. Add the pasta once the water is boiled. Pour sauce into a pot, place on medium and add 5 - 10 tablespoons of parmesan cheese to the sauce and stir. Stir every few mins to avoid burning.
- With 5 mins to go, take out the chicken. Place 2 tablespoons of sauce (per chicken) on top of the breast. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of parmesan & 2-3 tablspoons of mozzarella cheese on each.
- At the 40 minute mark, take your chicken out, drain the pasta and serve!